By someone on Sep. 1st, 2010 4:17PM
Happy Wheels now has some sound. If you're not seeing the new version, clear your cache and refresh.
Thanks so much to my friend Jack Zankowski for the intro song, "SuperPretzel". He's been my most musically talented friend for quite some time (other musical friends ignore this comment). Go to his site, pekopeko.com
, and tell him to make more songs for Happy Wheels.
Besides sound, other changes include (i'll be forgetting things here):
- Saving levels will work much better now. If you were logged in when you opened the game, and it remains open, it will always save unless your internet is retarded.
- Non-interactive shapes... in the editor, you can now make regular shapes that will just be treated as artwork. This way you can make signs or decorations or whatever in the background without running into them. They will also not take away from the number of physical shapes allowed (300 max). Instead you will be allowed 1000 art shapes total.
- You can now set groups to sleep. You can even group objects that don't have their own sleep property, like spikes, and set them to sleep.
- I fixed the featured levels list, so I can actually add levels in there that are made by people other than myself. I'll pick some today.
- When listing Levels and replays, only 50 load at a time. Previously I was loading upto 1000 at a time. This makes things a lot faster.
- When searching for levels by name or author, it automatically checks for all uploaded times rather than just the past week.
- When completing a level your time is displayed.
- spikes work better
I think that's about it.
I'm not entirely happy with the sound effects. For many past levels with few special objects, things sound very empty as there aren't sounds for groups and certain shapes. I'd also like to put in more character vocals for more events. It's good enough for now though, and any new changes will all have to wait as I hate working on sound.
I do have to put in a mute button... I forgot.
By mrdisaster88 on Sep. 1st, 2010 10:17AM
yay sound, art shapes, fixed sleeping objects. splendid! Now just add a donate button plz ;)
By Jim Bonacci on Sep. 1st, 2010 10:28AM
i'm excited about the art shapes as that will allow people to make some really cool detailed things.
By MrBro on Sep. 1st, 2010 11:32AM
This is most excellent!
By MrBro on Sep. 1st, 2010 12:09PM
This is most excellent!
By The An_Xileel on Sep. 1st, 2010 4:40PM
Love the Dads vocals, "OMG!" XDD love it!
By dAnnY24 on Sep. 1st, 2010 8:24PM
By Ultimate7Maker on Sep. 2nd, 2010 03:40AM
That Jim is a Heavy Weapons Guy!
By Jim Bonacci on Sep. 2nd, 2010 10:20AM
mute button is under options
By _ on Sep. 2nd, 2010 10:24AM
The kid seems to die right before the dad dies/gets seriously injured, Causing him to yell "**** it"
By Jim Bonacci on Sep. 2nd, 2010 10:59AM
it's ok to say damn on my site
By _ on Sep. 2nd, 2010 1:45PM
This game needs more explosives.
By Stepper321 on Sep. 3rd, 2010 06:38AM
Now it needs to have multiplayer.
Then it wil be the best GAME ever!
By Chubbs on Sep. 4th, 2010 06:30AM
I now just wish that there was an option for the blood to be dynamic or something...
By Jim Bonacci on Sep. 4th, 2010 10:33AM
i'd like more explosives also. i want to put in heat-seeking floating mines.
multiplayer with physics is too much for me to think about doing by myself.
By dAnnY24 on Sep. 5th, 2010 5:19PM
i think he means like if you get injured you can see puddles of blood around you
By Ipwnjerkfaces on Sep. 6th, 2010 12:27PM
If the father says damn it
It sounds like Nick from left 4 dead 2
By Havukka on Sep. 6th, 2010 12:34PM
By Jim Bonacci on Sep. 6th, 2010 2:33PM
who is this man? does he enjoy the sound update? his picture is not large enough
By dAnnY24 on Sep. 7th, 2010 09:44AM
a new character?
By SmashedUpTV on Sep. 7th, 2010 1:39PM
Sorry to tell you but you may have to break it to your friend that 'superPretzel' is... bad?
By Jim Bonacci on Sep. 7th, 2010 3:32PM
you are crazy... it's supposed to sound cheesy as hell. it's like a bad 80's action show intro theme. i'm guessing you weren't alive at that point
By Rafii on Sep. 8th, 2010 05:40AM
can you add some characters soon?
By George6120 on Sep. 8th, 2010 08:37AM
can you make a happy wheels game for the iphone and ipod touch please???
By Rapture365 on Sep. 8th, 2010 11:36AM
By FIRE GOD on Sep. 8th, 2010 4:26PM
drowning in ur own blood would be pretty sweet!!!
By alrxa on Sep. 8th, 2010 6:56PM
you should let people copy and paste stuff because placeing huge groups and large objects is very time consuming
By bagel123 on Sep. 8th, 2010 7:13PM
By xxginjixx13 on Sep. 12th, 2010 09:53AM
Really Awsome game!! I love racing with gore included but can you put more characters? cause I get bored sometimes using the same characters ...
By EMOHITMAN94 on Sep. 24th, 2010 11:35PM
HOW DO YOU MAKE A NEW CHARACTER ON HAPPY WHEELS
By donkey95 on Oct. 15th, 2010 10:00PM
how do you clear your cashe
By Dee W on Feb. 12th, 2012 09:11AM
its jim by the way^^^
By XBoxBadAss on Sep. 9th, 2012 10:14PM
I think Jim should add in a feature to add your own sound along with the new trigger.